I have researched this topic thoroughly, experimented, and finally found some hacks to see Sky Go on your Smart TV. With this process, you can watch your favorite movies on your Smart TV.
I have the Sky Go mobile app, and I love watching it on the go. But I also like watching my favorite movies on a bigger screen, like a television. It is sometimes challenging because I have a Smart TV and the Sky Go app doesn’t support connecting to a TV or even a monitor. However, we have a solution to that.
Can you watch Sky Go on Smart TV?
You can see the Sky on Smart TV if you look at a few things. First, you require to have Chromecast, a dongle that enables you to cast content from your mobile phone to your TV. Second, another easy way to watch Sky Go on TV is via a HDMI, a cable that easily connects your computer to your TV. Finally, digital streaming is one of the most sought-after information right now. Sky Go allows you to watch the breaking news, sports, and almost any content on smartphones or PCs. Keep reading to learn more.
Please note that the Sky Go is not yet compatible with Chromecast. To use Chromecast to watch Sky Go on a smart TV easily, hacking screen mirroring is the best method to do it, making sure you see Sky Go on your TV.
I’ve put together various hacks below so that if one doesn’t work for you today, you can try another. Additionally, I will provide detailed steps on each hack to watch the skygo on smart tv.
How to watch SkyGo on TV via HDMI cable
It would be best if you mirrored your laptop screen to make Sky Go work on Smart TV via an HDMI cable. But, first, you will need to:
- Connect your computer to the TV using the HDMI cable
- Make sure that you have a Sky Go app on your TV and that Wi-Fi is working properly.
- While on the Sky Go app, begin watching your content and choose to mirror your screen. An error may appear, but there is another way.
- Stream a video live, and the content on your laptop screen will be streamed to your TV.
- Unfortunately, the Sky Go has no option to allow an HDMI connection between your phone and a smart TV. Why? The alternative was available years ago, but the Sky go blocked the option following mischievous actions by its subscribers sharing content with those who had not subscribed to Sky Go services.
How to connect Sky to TV using Chromecast
You can’t exactly load the Sky Go directly from your Chromecast, but there are a couple of ways around it. As of today, Sky doesn’t support direct casting from a mobile device or laptop to Chromecast. Hacking screen mirroring (from a computer) is the most reliable way to stream to your smart TV using a Chromecast. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Sky Go app on your laptop;
- Make sure that you have the latest version of Google Chrome installed on your computer;
- On your laptop’s Sky Go app, choose what you want to watch;
- In the Chrome browser window, click on the three dots in the right corner, which should give a drop-down menu, and select “Cast.” You should see a tab with the list of available devices;
- Under the “sources,” select to broadcast “the entire desktop in the same tab.”
You should now be able to view the selected Sky Go program on your smart TV.
How to watch SkyGo on TV using a PS4
Popular Gaming consoles like PS4 and PS5 have become more than just devices you plug into your computer to play games simply. They have become an all-in-one entertainment device, enabling you to watch shows and movies in the convenience of your home at a low cost. How to proceed? First, you will need the following;
- Become a Sky TV subscriber
- Sky ID and password
- Your active PlayStation account
- And over 250MB of free space on your PS4.
If this is your very first time using a Sky Go app, make sure you have the same app on your phone or your laptop where you agree to the terms and conditions. To download and watch the Sky Go TV on Smart TV, please follow the steps provided below:
- Turn on your PS4 and log into your PlayStation network.
- Find the TV and the video option on the main screen. It looks like a television in a square tile.
- Use the controller to navigate down until you find the Sky “TV from Sky” logo.
- Once it appears to choose download by pressing the X button on the controller
- Select the PlayStation logo on the screen to return to the home page.
- A message will now appear on the screen to notify you that the download was successful and that the Sky Go app is installed on your PS4.
How to access the Sky go app?
- Open your app by returning to the TV and video section using the navigator.
- Find the sky logo and click on it. Select X on the controller to quickly launch the app.
- To set up Sky Go TV on your PS4:
After successfully downloading and installing the SKY GO app, the sign-in option should be readily available. Select it to get things started.
- Enter your Sky ID, which is additionally your username. Choose the next step.
- Add your Sky password and then choose “Submit.”
- A confirmation message will appear that the setup process was successful and that you are logged in.
- After the previous step, your PS4 is ready, and you can now stream your favorite shows and movies without having to turn off the console to turn on the TV.
How to download Sky Go on Smart TV using an XBOX
Are you an XBOX user? Well, I haven’t forgotten about you. Here’s what you need:
- Sky Go Extra subscription
- Active XBOX account, Gold or not.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Choose Xbox One apps;
- Select the Sky box and press A on the controller. Will download the television from the Sky application in the Xbox One main menu, open the television from the Sky application, use your Sky ID and password to log in;
- Enjoy unlimited content, including live or on-demand TV;
How to watch Sky Go on an Android TV Box?
If you have an Android-supported box, you can download and install the Sky Go app. Nevertheless, when you select the content you want to watch, a message emerges on the screen showing you that Sky Go is not compatible with Android TV.
The same is correct when using Firestick. You will smile for a second as it seems to be preparing to install itself. But suddenly, it presents a message that the two are not compatible. The box must be rooted to watch Sky Go on an Android TV Box, which is not easy to do.