Have you ever wondered how you can upload very long videos longer than 2 minutes and 20 seconds on Twitter? Twitter usually limits the length of videos that are posted on the platform to just 140 seconds. So, you might have this lengthy video that you want to share with your followers, and because of that length restriction, be compelled to either tweet just a portion of the video or even tweet the video in pieces. But there is a clever way to go around this restriction and share a video of up to 10 minutes in length on Twitter. The secret is using Twitter Media Studio.
What is Twitter Media Studio?
The Media Studio is a platform to control, measure, and monetize your videos on the Twitter platform. This tool is intended for people who advertise on Twitter. It allows you to do more with your media files, more particularly videos, by improving their quality, for instance, editing thumbnails, captions, adding titles, call-to-action-buttons, and much more. You can additionally manage your previously uploaded content, images, including videos and GIFs that you uploaded on Twitter, and also create new tweets that comprise any media in your library. In addition to these features, Twitter Media Studio has tools that help you manage media across several accounts and users.
How to upload long Twitter videos
If you want to upload a video on Twitter that takes more than 2 minutes and 20 seconds in length, here is a guide to help you out.
- Go to Media Studio Library, and you will need to log in with your Twitter account that you want to upload to. If you are unable to log in to the Media Studio, then do these;
- Head over to your Twitter Ads Account. From here, click on the ‘Creatives’ tab at the top of your screen and select ‘Media,’ and you’ll be connected to your Media Studio.
- If still unable to locate the Media Studio, you will have to contact Twitter through the Ads help center. Under ‘Tweets, Cards & Videos,’ click ‘I can’t access Media Studio,’ describe your concern and then click on ‘Submit support ticket.’ Twitter will be in touch to assist you in accessing the Media Studio.
- Once logged in to the portal, you will see the media files, i.e., videos, photos, and gifs; you will also have the option to upload new media.
- Click or tap on the ‘Upload your Media’ button to upload the new video you want from your device. You can upload multiple videos at once. The video that you want to upload should meet the following;
- MP4 or MOV
- Less than 1GB in size
- Up to 10 minutes in total length
- Once you choose the video you want to upload, the upload will start automatically, and you can monitor the progress of the upload in the Media Studio.
- After uploading the video on Twitter, you can edit it; set a thumbnail, add a video title and video description, add subtitles, add geotargeting options, add a call-to-action button, or add a video category.
- Twitter Media Studio saves all of the tiny updates you make to your video automatically.
- Once you have appended all your desired elements, you can go ahead to tweet the video right from your media library.
- Click the publish Tweet button in the lower-right corner of the video you want to tweet, write the text of your uploaded tweet, and then click the ‘Tweet’ button.
- You can likewise schedule the tweet in Media Studio. To schedule a tweet, click on the ‘Tweet’ button in the lower-left of the video, write the desired text for your tweet, and click the ‘Schedule video’ option. After you select a specified date and time to publish your tweet, click ‘Tweet’ so your content is tweeted at the preselected time.