Joseph George Willock, professionally identified as Joe Willock, is an English professional English football player who plays for Premier League club the Newcastle United on a loan from Arsenal as a skilled midfielder. He started playing football for the junior team of Arsenal in 2004 and made his first-team first debut for the club on 20 September 2017 in the EFL Cup. He made his Premier League appearance on 15 April 2018. On 12 September 2019, he contracted a new long-term contract with Arsenal. On 1 February of 2021, he joined Newcastle United on loan for the remainder of the 2020-21 season. On the 6 February 2021, he scored in the 16th minute on his debut for the Newcastle United.
On the international level, he has also represented England at various age levels. He has represented England at the U16, U19, U20, and U21. He is yet to make his first senior international team appearance.
Quick Summary About Joe Willock
|Celebrated Name||Joe Willock|
|Nick Name||Joe the Great|
|Birth Name||Joseph George Willock|
|Place Of Birth||Waltham Forest, England|
|Brothers||Chris and Matty|
|Height||6 ft. 1 inches|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Current Team||Newcastle United|
What is Joe Willock Famous For?
- He is a professional football player.
- Won the 2019-20 FA Cup with Arsenal.
- Won the 2017 2020 FA Community Shield with club Arsenal.
Where is Joe Willock From?
Joe Willock was born on the 20 August 1999. His birth name is Joseph George Willock. His birthplace is Waltham Forest town, England. He was born to his father, called Charles Willock, and his mother whose identity is unknown. He grew up with his two other brothers, Chris and Matty, who are also football players. He is of Montserratian family. He holds English nationality by birth, and his religion is Christianity. His horoscope sign is Leo.
Joe Willock Club Career
- He began playing football for the youth team of Arsenal in 2004.
- He made his first-team debut for the football club on 20 September 2017 in a 1-0 win against Doncaster in the EFL Cup. On 29 November of 2018, he scored his first senior goal in a 3-0 away win against Vorskla Poltava in the UEFA Europa League.
- On 12 September of 2019, he signed a new long-term contract with Arsenal.
- He made his Premier League appearance on 15 April 2018 in a 2-1 loss against Newcastle United. On the 24 September 2019, he scored his first goal at the Emirates Stadium in a 5-0 EFL Cup win over Nottingham Forest. On 25 June of 2020, he scored his first Premier League goal in a 2-0 win over Southampton.
- On 1 February 2021, he joined Newcastle United club on loan for the remainder of the 2020-21 season. On 6 February 2021, he scored in the 16th minute on his appearance for Newcastle United.
- On 24 April 2021, he scored an equalizer goal for the Newcastle United at 90th minute plus time in a 1-1 draw to Liverpool.
Joe Willock International Career
- He has represented England at different age levels.
- He has represented England at the U16, U19, U20, and U21.
- He made his England U21 debut on 11 October 2019 in a 2-2 draw to Slovenia in Maribor.
- He is yet to make his first senior international team debut.
Joe Willock Girlfriend
Taking about his corporeal life, he is too young to get married. As of May 2021, he is single and is not currently dating anyone. The young english footballer is focusing on his professional occupation. Any news and updates on his love life will be soon updated here.
Joe Willock Height and Weight
Joe Willock stands at the height of 1.86m, i.e., 6 feet and 1 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of just 71kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is also brown, and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
Joe Willock Net Worth and Salary
Joe Willock earns huge from his professional career as a football player. His income is from contracts, wages, bonuses, and endorsements. As of mid 2021, his estimated net worth is about €600.000, and his salary is €600,000. His market value is about €16 million.
Did You Know?
- He began playing football at the age of 4.
- He wears shirt number 28 for Newcastle United.
- His two brothers, called Chris and Matty, are also football players. All three brothers shared a pitch when Manchester United played a reserve game against Arsenal in May of 2017.
- He is yet to make his senior international team debut.