Vanita Gupta is an America-based civil rights attorney. She is well known to be the prevailing president and chief executive officer of the Leadership Conference on the Civil and Human Rights. She is even the first woman ever to manage the most prominent civil and human rights coalition in the entire United States.
She previously worked as the principal deputy assistant attorney general and administrator of the Civil Rights Division at the U.S. Department of Justice for three years, from 2014 till 2017.
She was previously selected by the former US President Barack Obama to head the Civil Rights Division as the Chief Civil Rights Prosecutor in 2014. The history reappeared when President Joe Biden nominated Gupta to serve as the Associate Attorney General on January 7, 2021, and she was confirmed by the US Senate on April 21, 2021.
She is likewise recognized as the daughter of Rajiv L. Gupta, an Indian-American businessman and the prevailing chairman of an auto parts company, Aptiv. Besides that, she has over 149k followers on Twitter: @vanitaguptaCR.
What is Vanita Gupta Famous for?
- Recognized as the Current President and CEO of the Leadership Conference on the Civil and Human Rights.
Where is Vanita Gupta From?
Vanita Gupta was born on November the 15, 1974, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. Her original birth name is Vanita Gupta. Her nationality is American by birth. Gupta belongs to Indian-American ethnicity, while Scorpio is her zodiac sign.
Born as the youngest daughter to an Indian immigrant parent, Rajiv L. Gupta(her father) and Kamla Varshney(her mother). Her father, Rajiv, is a flourishing Indian-American businessman who currently works as the chairman of Aptiv, an auto parts business. He is even a former executive with Rohm and also Haas, a manufacturer of specialty chemicals, while her mom, Kamla, is a housewife. She was raised up in a secular environment along with her elder sister called, Amita Gupta.
Belonging to a family with great academic conditions, Vanita also was a tentative student since her early childhood that she finished off her education earning a Juris Doctor. She later graduated from Yale University, receiving her Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude. She later received her Juris Doctor from the New York University School of Law in 2001.
Vanita Gupta’s Career Highlights
- Vanita Gupta kicked off her career initially working for her first case, the LDF, which involved about16 people been convicted by all-white juries of dealing drugs.
- With her talent supremacy, she won the release of her clients in 2003, four years after they were jailed, even negotiated a $6 million settlement for them.
- She then became the staff attorney at the American Civil Liberties Union in 2007, under whom she improved the nation’s immigration detention system.
- A few years later, she was appointed as the deputy legal director of the Union, where she oversaw its national criminal justice reform efforts.
- In 2014, she got appointed as the United States Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights and also the head of the Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division by former President Barack Obama.
- Under her leadership, she oversaw a wide range of efforts, including prosecuting hate crimes and human trafficking, promoting disability rights, protecting LGBT rights.
- It brought several tactful changes under her direction of 3 years till 2017.
- She has also worked as Assistant Counsel at the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund.
- On January 7, in 2021, President Joe Biden nominated Gupta to serve as the United States Associate Attorney General.
- Three months following, on Paril21, she was confirmed by the senate to the job, winning with a 51-49 vote.
Vanita Gupta’s Husband
Vanita Gupta is currently a married woman. She has been married just once to date to her only husband, Chinh Q. Le. Chinh is additionally a Vietnam-American legal director of the Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia who is also championing the justice of people living in poetry in Columbia.
The couple got married in early 2003 and has been together for over 18 years now. They even have two sons together.
Vanita Gupta’s Net Worth
Vanita Gupta has pretty good earnings from her professional career as a civil rights lawyer and her high reputed governmental positions. Having her profession started as a civil rights attorney in 2002, Gupta has arranged to come a long way up becoming the President and CEO of the Leadership Conference on the Civil and Human Rights and even the Associate Attorney General.
With her place in the governmental officials and also through her parents, Gupta reportedly holds $42 million to $187 million in assets and properties.
Most of her property and net worth come from her shares in companies linked to her father that she even owns within $11 million and $55 million in shares of Avantor and also about $1 million shares of Aptiv.
With her million worth of wealth, she is even thus far the Biden administration’s wealthiest executive nominee that has publicly released a commercial disclosure form.
Vanita Gupta’s Height
Vanita Gupta is a charming lady in her 40s. She stands tall with a tall height of 5ft. 6inch.(1.68m) while her body weighs about 57kg(126 lbs). She has a brown skin complexion with black hair and brown eyes.
Did You Know?
- She is the youngest daughter of her parents.
- Her father, Mr. Rajiv, is a successful Indian-American businessman who currently works as the chairman of Aptiv, an auto parts company.
- She is so far the Biden administration’s wealthiest political nominee that has publicly released a business disclosure form.
Summary of Vanita Gupta
|Celebrated Name||Vanita Gupta|
|Birth Name||Vanita Gupta|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Best Known For||President and CEO of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights|
|Father||Rajiv L. Gupta|
|Husband||Chinh Q. Le|
|College / University||Yale University|
|Education||Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude|
|University||New York University School of Law|
|Educational Qualification||Juris Doctor Degree|
|Net Worth||$42 million to $187 million|