Fabian Cornelio Balbuena, Gonzalez, professionally identified as Fabian Balbuena, is a Paraguayan acknowledged football player who plays for Premier League football club West Ham United and Paraguay national team as a center-back. He began playing football for the youth team of Cerro Portena PF. In mid-2010, he was promoted to Cerro Portena PF’s first team, where he soon became a regular starter in 2011. Ahead of the 2013 season, he entered Rubio Nu, where he remained at the club for only six months making 17 presentations by scoring a one goal. After six months at Rubio Nu, he entered defending champions Club Nacional. On 15 August 2014, he signed a four-year deal with Libertad and won the 2014 Clausura competition with the club. On 16 February 2016, he moved abroad for the very first time in his career after agreeing to a three-year deal with Serie A side Corinthians. He further made his debut for the club on 25 February 2016. On 14 July of 2018, he signed for Premier League club West Ham United on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee and made his first debut on 12 August 2018.
On the international league, he made his full international debut for Paraguay national football team on 31 March 2015.
What is Fabian Balbuena Famous For?
- Being a professional football player.
- he Won the 2011 Division Intermedia with Cerro Portena PF.
- He Won the 2014 Primera Division with Libertad.
- Won the 2017 Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A with Corinthians.
- He Won the 2017, 2018 Campeonato Paulista with Corinthians.
Where is Fabian Balbuena From?
Fabian Balbuena was born on the 23 August 1991. His original birth name is Fabian Cornelio Balbuena Gonzalez. His birthplace is Ciudad del Este, Paraguay. He was born to his father, called Cornelio Balbuena, and his mother, called Lourdes Gonzalez. He holds Paraguayan nationality. His religion is Christianity. His birth horoscope sign is Virgo.
Fabian Balbuena Club Career
- He began playing football for the youth team of Cerro Portena PF.
- In 2010, he was raised to Cerro Portena PF’s first team where he soon became a regular starter in 2011 and also became team captain as the club achieved promotion from Division Intermedia. On 3 April 2011, he obtained his first goal for the club in a home success over Deportivo Caaguazu.
- From 2010-2012, he made about 76 appearances and scored 5 goals for Cerro Portena PF.
- Ahead of the 2013 football season, he joined Rubio Nu where he remained at the club for only six months making 17 appearances by scoring a 1 goal.
- After six months at the Rubio Nu, he joined defending champions Club Nacional where the football team reached the 2014 Copa Libertadores Finals but they lose it to San Lorenzo. He made 30 appearances and added 1 goal for the club.
- On 15 August in 2014, he signed a four-year deal with Libertad and won the 2014 Clausura tournament with the club. From 2014-2016, he made 43 appearances and added 3 goals for the club.
- On 16 February of 2016, he moved abroad for the first time in his career after agreeing to a three-year deal with Serie A side Corinthians. He made his first debut for the club on 25 February 2016 in a 1-1 away draw against Sao Bento. On 19 March, he scored his first goal in a 4-0 score home routing of Linense for the same competition.
- From 2016-2018, he made just 69 appearances and scored 4 goals for the club. He lifted the 2017 Campeonato Paulista, 2017 Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A and in 2018 Campeonato Paulista with the club.
- On 14 July of 2018, he signed for Premier League club West Ham United on a three-year deal, for an undisclosed payment and made his debut on 12 August 2018 in a 4-0 defeat against Liverpool. On 27 October 2018, he scored his very first goal for the club in a 1-1 draw against Leicester City.
- On 18 October in 2020, he scored West Ham’s first goal as they overturned a 3-0 deficit with eight minutes remaining to draw at London rivals Tottenham Hotspur.
- On 24 April of 2021, he was sent off in a 0-1 home loss against Chelsea club, for catching Ben Chilwell when making a clearance.
Fabian Balbuena International Career
- On 19 March of 2015, he received his first call up for Paraguay national team.
- On 31 March 2015, he made his full worldwide debut for Paraguay national team in a 1-0 friendly loss against Mexico at the Arrowhead Stadium.
- He was also mentioned in the 23-man squads for the 2015 Copa America and 2016 Copa America Centenario.
- On 12 June of 2016, he made his first competitive appearance in the final group game of the mid 2016 Copa America Centenario in a 1-0 loss to hosts the United States in which he was replaced at half time for attacker Juan Iturbe.
Fabian Balbuena Wife
Looking at his personal life, footballer Fabian Balbuena is an unmarried man. But he has been in a long-term relationship with his beautiful girlfriend, called Adriana Duarte. The couple is blessed with two beautiful children. Nevertheless, the happy parents are still keeping the name of their child secret. The detailed information about their wedding is not in the media yet. So, we still cannot claim his relationship status confidently until he decides to speak up in the media. He has an friendly relationship with his love and his children where they live happily together.
Fabian Balbuena Height and Weight
Fabian Balbuena stands at the height of 1.88m i.e. 6 feet and 2 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of just 82kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color and hair color are also black. His sexual orientation is straight.
Fabian Balbuena Net Worth and Salary
Fabian Balbuena profits from his professional career as a football player. His income is from contracts, wages, bonuses, and other endorsements. As of 2021, his estimated net worth is about $1 million-$5 million and his salary is £2.1 million. His market value is about £4.50 million.
Did You Know?
- He wears shirt number 4 for the West Ham United.
- He made his full international appearance for Paraguay national team on 31 March 2015
Quick Facts About Fabian Balbuena
|Celebrated Name||Fabian Balbuena|
|Birth Name||Fabian Cornelio Balbuena Gonzalez|
|Place Of Birth||Ciudad del Este, Paraguay|
|Marital Status||In a Relationship|
|Girl Friend||Adriana Duarte|
|Height||6 ft. 2 inches|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Net Worth||$1 Million-$5 Million|
|Current Team||West Ham United|