Signal is an encrypted social messaging app that allows secure voice, messaging, and video calls with an end-to-end encryption. It enables one-to-one or group communications that can include images, files, voice notes, videos, voice calls, and also video calls. Although new users switching over from a different chat platform like WhatsApp to Signal can’t take all their old media and messages with them, they can efficiently set up a new group chat. The Users can use this setting to move all of their WhatsApp group members to the now popular Signal app.
Transfer WhatsApp group chats to Signal
To transfer your WhatsApp group chats to signal, follow these steps. You should note that the Signal app only enables users to move their WhatsApp group chat members and not the actual conversations.
- Open the Signal app, tap on three dots in the top right corner and then create a group on the app.
- Add a name to the newly created, add the contacts you need on the Signal group chat.
- Go to the new Signal group chat box, tap on three dots in the top right corner and select the ‘Settings,’ option and then click on ‘Group link.’
- Turn on the toggle for the group Link option and then tap on ‘Share.’
- Lastly, open your WhatsApp group chat and then paste the group link.
- With the new Signal group link app, anyone can get access to the Signal group chat from the WhatsApp chat. Not only from WhatsApp, the Signal group chat link can similarly work on other apps as well.