Quick Facts About Jessi
|Birth Name||Jessica Hyun-ju Ho|
|Profession||Singer and Songwriter|
|Place Of Birth||Queens, New York City|
|School||Korea Kent Foreign School|
|Awards||Golden Disc Awards and more|
|Net Worth||$1 Million – $5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Music Industry|
|Height||5 ft 5 in or 165 cm|
|Weight||56 kg or 123.5 lbs|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jessi is a Korean-American musician, songwriter, rapper, & TV personality. She published her debut solo album “Get Up” on 1st December 2005 through Doremi Records. Later then, she has published a number of albums, tracks, & extended plays which involve “Who Dat B”, “I Want to Be Me”, “Unpretty Dreams” “Un2verse”, “Kill Bill 2nd Live: Jessi”, “Life Is Good”, “Don’t Make Me Cry”, & more. She was a also member of the South Korean hip-hop group called “Lucky J” formed by YMC Entertainment. She was overcome into a five-year hiatus from the Korean music enterprise after insulting singer and actress BoA via MySpace. In 2016, she entered KBS’s all-female cast in Sister’s Slam Dunk. She also connected the cast of the MBC reality-variety program “Hangout with Yoo” in August 2020 as a part of the four-member supergroup Refund Sisters (Jessi along with Korean singers Lee Hyo-ri, Uhm Jung-hwa, & Hwasa). They made their presentation on October 10, publishing their debut single, “Don’t Touch Me.” She has garnered a huge suporters base on social media & enjoys more than 7 Million followers on Instagram following the account head @jessicah_o.
- Being a Korean-American rapper, musician and songwriter.
- Being a part of the hip-hop trio Lucky J.
What is the Real Name of Jessi?
Jessi was born with the actual name of Jessica Hyun-ju Ho. Her birth date is reported to be on 17th December 1988 & her place of birth is Queens, New York City, United States. She was well brought up in New Jersey and then shifted to South Korea when she was almost 15 years old. She holds an American-Korean citizen and her ethnic background is Asian as she is of Korean origin. Her race is White. She serves Christianity religion and her horoscope symbol is Sagittarius. Her present age is 33 as of 2021. About her loving parents, she was born to her hard-working father, Ho Jong-jin, and her loving mother, Ho Sun-hwa. She also has two older brothers.
About her schooling, she studied at Korea Kent Foreign School & her schoolmates included Tiffany & Jessica Jung of Girls’ Generation. Jessi successfully established an S.M. Entertainment audition, the same firm her three classmates were all under. Nevertheless, she chose not to become part of the mark, as she believed its passageway to music did not match her style.
How was the Occupation of Jessi?
- Jessi made her presentation with the single album “Get Up” back in the year 2005.
- After only a year, the hip hop group Uptown highlighted her in their album “Testimony”.
- Her second single record, entitled “The Rebirth”, was published in January 2009.
- In the year 2014, following a 5-year hiatus, she reappeared as a member of hip-hop trio “Lucky J” with rapper J’Kyun & vocalist J-Yo. Lucky J then debuted with the digital single “Can You Hear Me” following YMC Entertainment in July of that year.
- What’s more, she was a member of the first season of “Unpretty Rapstar”, a spin-off of the show “Show Me The Money” from January to March 2015. She was elected as the second-place winner of the show by public vote.
- She was highlighted in JYP’s single “Who’s Your Mama?” which was published in April 2015.
- She delivered her first-ever solo rap single, “Ssenunni”, on September 15. She also presented in the United States for the first time at the Belasco Theater in Los Angeles with hip-hop pair Mighty Mouth on 16th October 2015.
- She was also a cast in Sister’s Slam Dunk in the year 2016.
- She published another rap single, “Gucci” from her first mini-album, called “Un2verse”. Both her single and record were released on 13th July 2017.
- On 6th July 2018, she published a single titled “Down”.
- After ending her deal with YMC Entertainment in October 2018, she signed a deal with Psy’s record label P Nation in January 2019.
- With the label, she published her first single “Who Dat B” on 23rd September 2019 which rose at number eight on the World Digital Songs Sales chart & 68 on the Billboard Korea K-Pop Hot 100.
- Then, she published another rap single, “Drip” highlighting Jay Park, on November 2. She then premiered her new nature show, Jessi’s Showterview, on SBS’s Mobidic YouTube channel on 4th June 2020.
- She published her second extended performance, “Nuna” on 20th July.
- The single “Nunu Nana” was published in conjunction with the EP. “Nunu Nana” towered at number two on the Gaon Digital Chart, becoming her first top-ten single as a solo artist & her highest-charting solo single.
- She entered the cast of MBC reality-variety program Hangout with Yoo in August 2020 as a part of the four-member supergroup Refund Sisters which involving of Jessi along with Korean singers Lee Hyo-ri, Uhm Jung-hwa, & Hwasa.
- The supergroup Refund Sisters performed their debut on October 10, releasing their introduction single, “Don’t Touch Me” which towered atop the Gaon Digital Chart for two continuous weeks.
- She published a new digital single called”What Type of X” (어떤X) on 17th March 2021.
Awards and Achievements
- Won Golden Disc Awards in the year 2021
- Won Korea Cable TV Awards in the year 2016
- Won Korea First Brand Awards in the year 2021
- Won MBC Entertainment Awards in the year 2020
- Won Mnet Asian Music Awards in the year 2020
- Won SBS Entertainment Awards in the year 2020
- Won Style Icon Asia in the year 2016
- Won The Fact Music Awards in the year 2020
Who is Jessi’s Boyfriend?
Jessi is not married though and she is still to get joined. It was proclaimed that she was dating Argentine-born Korean-American rapper & actor, Dumbfoundead, back in the year 2016. As of now, they have broken due to some reasons. Nevertheless, Jessi is enjoying her single life happily. Her sexual orientation is understood to be straight.
How much is Jessi’s Net Worth?
Jessi is a well-recognized musician, rapper, & songwriter. As of mid-2021, the net worth of Jessi is considered to have between $1 Million/$5 Million as per sources. Whereas her precise salary is still to get published yet but there is no doubt in the mind of her supporters that she is making a substantial amount of money from her work. Jessi has either recommended or promoted a couple of brands by social media which include the likes of Dance & Marvel, The Nail Bar Korea, etc. Her major root of wealth comes from the music industry. She is living a fantastic lifestyle.
How tall is Jessi?
Jessi stands tall at the nice height of about 5 ft 5 in or 165 cm and her weight consist of 56 kg/123.5 lbs. Her body build is Curvy. She has a pair of dark brownish hair and her eye color is also dark brownish. She has a curvy structure with pouty lips. Additionally, she has inked a number of tattoos on her body. She has had plastic cryosurgery.
Did You Know?
- Jessi published her debut solo album “Get Up” on 1st December 2005 through Doremi Records.
- She was a part of the South Korean hip-hop group called “Lucky J” formed by YMC Entertainment.
- She was pushed into a five-year hiatus of the Korean music industry after she insulted singe & actress BoA via MySpace.
- In 2016, she entered KBS’s all-female company in Sister’s Slam Dunk.
- She grew up in New Jersey & then shifted to South Korea when she was about 15 years old.
- She is of Korean origin.