Quick Facts About Leon Goretzka
|Leon Christoph Goretzka
|Place Of Birth
|Source of Wealth
|35 million uuro (30 million pound)
|1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)
Gifted German professional footballer Leon Christoph Goretzka is famously known as Leon Goretzka. He operates as a midfielder for Bundesliga club Bayern Munich & the Germany national side with the jazzy number 18. He transferred to Schalke 04 in 2013 & debuted with the German national team in mid-2014. He started his professional occupation with VfL Bochum in 2012 after consuming more than a decade in the club’s youth set-up. Leon tallied 5 goals in 17 appearances for the German U17 side from 2011 to 2012. He won the Bundesliga & DFB-Pokal twice with Bayern in 2018 & 2019 and is also the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 champion with the national team. Additionally, he was picked to the squad for the UEFA Euro 202 on19th May 2021.
Leon Goretzka’s reactions after his late goal in Germany’s 2-2 draw against. Hungary
Germany made backbreaking work of it, but acknowledgments to a late goal from Bayern Munich’s Leon Goretzka, their 2-2 draw was satisfying to see them finish 2nd in Group F & advance to the knockout stages of Euro 2020. Addressing after the draw, Goretzka revealed that, as they had expected, Hungary was a difficult team to break down & that it was always going to bring a great fight to get a result (Tz). “Today’s match was very, very difficult. There was a lot of fight that we had to face. But it’s fabulous that we made it in presence of a home crowd,” he said. The failure in concentration from Germany could’ve been considerably more costly had Goretzka not leveled late on. “What shouldn’t result is the situation after the 1-1 draw, we weren’t awake plenty from the head. You draw even & 15 seconds after that it’s 1:2, that shouldn’t be,” Goretzka discharged. “Of course I’m over the moon. You could indicate that it was getting tight. The ball falls at my feet & then just put it in,” he said.
- Being a highly rated German professional footballer.
- For performing as a midfielder for Bundesliga side Bayern Munich & the Germany national team.
What is the Real Name of Leon Goretzka?
Leon Goretzka got birth with the actual name of Leon Christoph Goretzka on 6th February 1995 in Bochum, Germany. He is German by origin and German-white by ethnicity. His belief is Christian and his race is white. Leon’s existing age is 26 which he rejoiced in 2021. As per his birthdate, his star symbol is Aquarius. His father, Konrad Goretzka, is an automotive engineer & electrical engineer for Opel whereas his mother’s specifications are unknown. However, we know that he has a brother named, Philip Goretzka.
Talking about Leon’s academic qualification, he had completed his high school graduation from the Alice-Salomon Berufskolleg (Alice Salomon Vocational School) in his hometown at Bochum.
How was the Football Career of Leon Goretzka?
- Leon Goretzka takes off his football profession with Werner SV 06 Bochum in 1999 & stayed for two years with the WSV before making a move to VfL Bochum in 2001.
- He made his professional presentation for Bochum in the 2. Bundesliga vs. Dynamo Dresden in the rewirpowerSTADION on 4th August 2012.
- He had an exciting 2012-2013 season at Bochum & was their standout player as Bochum narrowly eluded relegation from the 2.
- Schalke 04 approved the transfer of Goretzka from Bochum on 30th June 2013 where he signed a five-year deal until 30th June 2018. The transfer fee was reported to be €3,250 million.
- He had a likely first season, tallying five goals in 32 appearances in all competitions during the 2013/2014 season.
- He was ordered up for the 30-man preparatory squad of the Germany national side for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil at the end of the season & made his debut in a friendly match prior to the World Cup vs. Poland.
- Goretzka was defined to only 11 matches in all tournaments due to a thigh injury during the 2014-2015 season however he later returned from the injury on Matchday 24 against TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.
- He played in a career-high 41 matches in all competitions, tallying eight goals during the 2016/2017 season as well as he took a concussion & suffered a double fracture of his jaw while performing against Ajax in the Europa League.
- He performed in 29 matches in all competitions & scored four goals during the 2017/2018 season which was his first season without European football since his coming at Schalke in 2013.
- As well, Goretzka assisted Schalke to finish second behind champions Bayern Munich & thus qualifying for the UEFA Champions League for the first time after the 2014/2015 season.
- Goretzka officially moved to Bayern by signing a four-year deal until June 2022 on 1st July 2018 & came on for Thomas Muller in the 64th minute on 12th August 2018, in the DFL Super Cup which was his first presentation for Bayern.
- He then tallied his first goal for the club in a 3-0 away victory past VfB Stuttgart on 1st September whereas in the very year, on 19th January 2019, he tallied his first-ever brace in the Bundesliga, tallying twice in a 3-1 win above Hoffenheim.
- Goretzka tallied his own goal in a Bundesliga game after 13 seconds on 15th February 2019; no Bayern player had yet encountered the ball.
- He won his first Bundesliga trophy as Bayern finished two points over Dortmund with 78 points on 18th May 2019 whereas a week later, he acquired his first DFB-Pokal as Bayern beat RB Leipzig 3-0 in the 2019 DFB-Pokal Final.
- As well, he obtained his first Champions League goal during a 6-0 away triumph at Red Star Belgrade on 26th November 2019.
- He also tallied a goal in a 2-1 win over Sevilla after extra time in the 2020 UEFA Super Cup on 24th September 2020 but, he missed the second leg vs. Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League quarter-finals because of muscle problems in April 2021. However, he ended the season by winning his third back-to-back Bundesliga title.
- Leon made his Germany national U-16 football club debut in a friendly versus Northern Ireland and he tallied in the 3-2 victory on 15th October 2010 and he made his Germany national U-17 football team debut versus Turkey in a 4-0 victory on 24th August 2011.
- In May 2012, he captained the Germany national U-17 football side at the 2012 UEFA European Under-17 Championship in Slovenia & led the German U-17 team all the way to the final versus the Netherlands. He also tallied the lead goal of the match taking the scoreline to 1-0 & his goal was compensated in stoppage time taking the scoreline to 1-1.
- Leon debuted for the Germany national U-21 football side under Horst Hrubesch on 8th August 2013, in a 0-0 draw versus France in which he had a magnificent match.
- He was unsuccessfully communicated by the Polish national side but rejected the offer as he is not informed of any Polish background.
- Goretzka was involved in the 30-men preliminary squad of the German national side for the 2014 FIFA World Cup by Germany’s manager, Joachim Low on 8th May 2014 where he made his presentation in a 0-0 draw against Poland on 13th May 2014.
- He was dismissed from the team’s preparatory training camp & final squad for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil because he had endured a muscle injury after Germany’s match versus Poland.
- Later, he was nominated in Germany’s squad for the Confederations Cup in Russia in May 2017.
- He tallied his first goal for Germany in a 3-2 Group B victory over Australia in the nation’s opening game for the tournament on 20th June.
- He was also involved in Germany’s final 23-man team for the 2018 FIFA World Cup on 4th June 2018. He made his World Cup presentation in the last event of the group stage in a 2-0 loss to South Korea on 27th June as his team got knocked out from the World Cup for the first time since 1938.
- Goretzka was picked to the squad for the UEFA Euro 2020 on 19th May 2021.
- Leon Goretzka was elected to the squad for the 2016 Summer Olympics. He captained Germany in their first competition against Mexico, but pulled up a shoulder injury, & returned to Gelsenkirchen.
- He played vs. Iceland for the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification on 25th March 2021 whereas he also performed against Hungary for UEFA Euro 2020 on 23rd June 2021.
- Bayern Munchen on 01-07-2018 for free
- FC Schalke 04 on 02-07-2013 for 3.3M €
- VfL Bochum on 01-07-2012 From VfL Bochum U19
Awards and Achivements
- Bundesliga: 2018/2019, 2019/2020, 2020/2021
- DFB-Pokal: 2018/2019, 2019/2020
- DFL-Supercup: 2018/ 2020
- UEFA Champions League: 2019/2020
- UEFA Super Cup, 2020
- FIFA Club World Cup, 2020
- UEFA European Under-17 Championship number two: 2012
- Summer Olympic Games silver medal/ 2016
- FIFA Confederations Cup/ 2017
- Fritz Walter Medal in Gold (U/17): 2012
- FIFA Confederations Cup Silver Boot/ 2017
- FIFA Confederations Cup Bronze Ball/ 2017
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2019/2020
- Bundesliga Team of the Season: 2017/2018, 2020/2021
Who is Leon Goretzka Dating?
Unmarried, highly rated footballer, Leon Goretzka is currently in a passionate relationship with his pretty girlfriend Mathea Fischer. There are not many articles about their relationship but they reportedly began dating in 2015. His lover Mathea was born in 1992 in Gelsenkirchen, Germany. The pair’s connection is exceptional till now and hopes it will endure the same as in the future too. Moreover, regarding his sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Leon Goretzka Net Worth?
Being a highly rated professional footballer, Leon Goretzka has a net worth of approximately 35 million euros (30 million pounds) as of 2021. He gets a weekly wage of €125,000, and his yearly salary is reported to be €6.5 million. His market valuation is €70 as of June 2021 which is also his biggest market value as of February 2021. Leon’s major root of income is his football profession. In addition, Leon also makes additional income from endorsement and sponsorship contracts. He is a Nike athlete & endorses Nike products & shoes. He gets paid a huge amount for wearing & promoting Nike shoes during his match.
How tall is Leon Goretzka?
Leon Goretzka is almost 1.89 m (6 ft 2 in) tall in height & weighs 76 kgs. He has an energetic body build with brown hair & dark brown eyes color. Adorned with the toned bicep & perfect built, Leon doesn’t shift to go shirtless. He’s got an original good look & raw appeal about him. Reasons for his fantastic personality could be his roots.
Did You Know?
- Leon started his professional career with VfL Bochum in 2012 after spending more than a decade in the club’s youth setup.
- He tallied 5 goals in 17 appearances for the German U17 side from 2011 to 2012.
- He & Miroslav Klose were teammates on the German national side.
- Goretzka has been an activist upon hate crime, visiting the Dachau Holocaust memorial on his days off, & meeting Holocaust survivor Margot Friedlander.
- After obtaining against Hungary during Euro 2020, Goretzka celebrated by making a heart sign towards the Hungarian fans.