Quick Facts About Rose Namajunas
|Celebrated Name||Rose Namajunas|
|Birth Name||Rose Gertrude Namajunas|
|Birth Date||29th June 1992|
|Place Of Birth||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S|
|Source of Wealth||MMA fighter|
|Net Worth||$1.5 million|
|Body Measurement||35-26-35 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
An American professional, super MMA fighter who is currently signed to the highly-rated the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is called for Rose Namajunas. As of today, she plays in the women’s strawweight division. Rose is the two-time and contemporary UFC Women’s Strawweight World Champion. She started practicing Taekwondo at the age of five, winning poom belt (junior black belt) at the early age of nine. Earlier, she was nicknamed ‘The Riveter, whereas her modern nickname is “Thug Rose,” which was presented by her friends.
- Being an American-born professional Mixed Martial Artist.
- For her advanced
- Striking and footwork, using a diversity of angles and various creative adjustments.
What is the Birth Name of Rose Namajunas?
On 29th June 1992, Rose Namajunas was reportedly born with the birth name of Rose Gertrude Namajunas in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S. She was called Rose (Lithuanian: Roze) in recognition of her great-grandmother Roze Gotsalkaitė Namajuniene, ` husband was an independent Lithuania army officer. She possesses American nationality by birth, and her ethnic background is American-White. Her race is of White origin. She is Christian by spiritual beliefs as she stated, “I’ve got the Christ knowledge, I’ve got Lithuanian line, and I’ve got the American vision.” Her zodiac symbol is Cancer. Accessories about her parent’s real names are missing at present. Only the fact is currently known that her biological father had schizophrenia, which led to difficulties and hardships during Rose’s youth development.
During her high school times, Rose began training in kickboxing and mixed martial arts with the famous Duke Roufus at Roufusport, and she was also a senior-year fighter at Milwaukee High School of the Arts.
How was the career of Rose Namajunas?
- Rose Namajunas started her MMA profession as an apprentice in the year 2010, being trained hard under Greg Nelson at Minnesota Martial Arts Academy.
- Versus Emily Kagan, she made her professional presentation match on 5th January 2013, where she won this particular match and earned her the Submission of the Nightfall bonus.
- She next encountered Kathina Catrol on 5th April 2013, where she once more won the fight by submission, which gained her second Invicta Submission of the Night honor.
- After that, she encountered Tecia Torres on 13th July 2013.
- It was then announced that Namajunas was signed a deal by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on 11th December 2013. Signing the UFC contract, she won her first march versus Joane Calderwood, and she next conquered against Randa Markos.
- In the brutal fight on 12th December 2014, she fell against Carla Esparza at The Ultimate Fighter: A victor Will Be Crowned Finale for the inaugural UFC Women’s Strawweight Championship.
- Whereas she was granted two seasons $25,000 bonus awards for Achievement of the Season and Fight of the Division for her bout with Joanne Calderwood.
- On 3rd October 2015, she put a hard fight against Angela Hill at UFC 192 and next confronted Paige VanZant on 10th December 2015.
- On 16th April 2016, she was againstTecia Torres at UFC on Fox 19. where she eventually won the fight.
- Against Karolina Kowalkiewicz at UFC 201 where she ends up losing the match.
- On 15th April 2017, she bravely faced Michelle Waterson at UFC on Fox 24, where she ends up winning the fight.
- On 4th November 2017, she also faced Strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk at UFC 217 at the famous Madison Square Garden, where she worked herself and won the fight. Rematching the battle, she again won.
- On 11th May 2019, meeting against Jessica Andrade in the main event at UFC 237, she sadly lost the fight. On 12th July 2020, she repeatedly faced Jessica, winning the battle via split decision-ensuring her the Fight of the Night award.
- Regarding her MMA profession, she has fought 14 matches altogether, out of which she won 10 matches and suffered four matches.
Awards and Achievements
- 2018 ESPY Award for Best wrestler (particular nominee)
- Kids’ Choice Sports year 2018 Award for Biggest Powerhouse (nominee)
- Eighth Annual Real Women Awards – 2017 Woman of the Year
Mixed martial arts
Ultimate Fighting Championship
UFC Women’s Strawweight Championship (Two times, Current)
- One victorious title defense vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk
- Fight of the Night (not less than Three times) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz and Jéssica Andrade times two
- Most remembered stoppage wins in UFC Women’s Strawweight division (5)
- First woman in UFC history to reacquire a championship title after losing it
- The one Ultimate Fighter: A Champion Will Be Crowned (hard Runner-Up)
- Submission of the Night (not less than Two times) vs. Emily Kagan, Kathina Catron
Fighter of the Year
- 2017 MMA Woman Fighter of the Year
- 2017 UFC Woman Fighter of the Year
2017 MMA Female Fighter of the Year
- World MMA Woman Awards
Submission of the Year
- 2013 MMA great Submission of the Year vs. Kathina Catron
- 2013 Women’s MMA Submission of the Year against Kathina Catron
- 2015 Women’s MMA Submission of the Year against Paige VanZant
- 2017 Women’s MMA Submission of the Year against Michelle Waterson
Knockout of the Year
- 2017 Women’s MMA Knockout of the Year against Joanna Jędrzejczyk
Fight of the Year
- 2013 Women’s MMA Fight of the Year against Tecia Torres
Fight of the Month
- 2019 May Fight of the Month against Jéssica Andrade
- 2020 July Fight of the Month against Jéssica Andrade
Year’s Most Violent
- 2017 Fight Booth Lady Violence Award
- Sherdog.com’s 2017 All-Violence Second Team: Strawweight
Who is Rose Namajunas Boyfriend?
Joined by marital status, Rose Namajunas is the lover training partner of the previous Glory and UFC heavyweight Pat Barry. As of current, the couple is enjoying their new life a lot without any violence. She does not have any babies as of today. Her sexual orientation is reported to be straight.
How tall is Rose Namajunas?
Beautiful lady, Rose stands tall at the height of not less than 165 cm or 5 ft 5 in. Being a professional MMA great fighter, she has managed her body a lot by doing frequent exercises. Thus, her body build is athletic. Her balanced weight consists of about 115 lb or 52 KG or 8 st 3 lb. Overall, she has got a healthy body with a beautiful smile attracting a lot of people towards her. She has been donning her patented semi-bald look for the preponderance of her career in the UFC. She chops her hair off to assure that it did not intervene with her profession, i.e., fighting. Took up the bald appearance back in 2015. She decided on Instagram to make it very clear why she had accepted the step of cutting her hair off. Showing off her then-new look, the fighter attached a caption to the photo that state: “It’s a fight, not a beauty pageant. S** t’s in my way at exercise… Cut it off!”
Did You Know?
- Rose Namajunas’s actual name is Rose Gertrude Namajunas.
- She is Christian by spiritual beliefs as she declared, “I’ve got the Christ consciousness, I’ve got Lithuanian line, and I’ve got the American dream in me.”
- Her father suffered from severe schizophrenia, which led to difficulties and hardships during Rose’s youth.
- Rose Namajunas began her MMA career as an amateur in the year 2010, being instructed under Greg Nelson at Minnesota Martial Arts Academy.
- She is the lover of the training partner of the previous Glory and UFC heavyweight, Pat Barry.
- Her last fight earning was not less than $160,000 versus Jessica Andrade at UFC 251.