WhatsApp chatting platform is the best cross-platform messaging tool. It’s free to use, and you can send texts, images, videos, GIFs to anyone. It is used for both personal and professional communication purposes. Also, you can easily make free audio and video calls.
Unfortunately, the WhatsApp application is not yet available on the Amazon Firestick app store. So instead, follow these steps below to install and use WhatsApp on Firestick using our alternative methods.
- You can send text, images, short videos, make audio and video calls for free.
- You can similarly chat in a group with your friends. You can add up to 256 members to a group.
- The dark mode was recently introduced to WhatsApp.
- To use Whatsapp, you don’t have to use any username or password. Your phone number is sufficient.
Ways to install WhatsApp in Firestick
Although WhatsApp is not currently available on the Amazon App Store, you can still install the app using third-party installers. There are two main ways to install WhatsApp on Firestick.
- Using the WhatsApp Downloader application
- Using the ES File Explorer application
How to install Whatsapp on Fire Stick
To prepare your Firestick for WhatsApp, you need to activate the install apps from an unknown sources feature.
- On the Firestick main page, go to the Configurations option
- Click on the My Fire TV or devices option
- In My Fire TV, select Developer Options
- From the Developer options menu, click the Applications from unknown sources option to activate it
- When the confirmation pop-up window appears, click the Activate button.
The Downloader app is deemed to be one of the best third-party sources for Firestick. Install the Downloader app for Firestick using our guide.
- Open the Downloader application and then click Allow if a popup appears
- Go to the search bar and type the WhatsApp download link here. Click the Go button.
- The download of the apk file will now start. Once downloaded, click the Install on PC button to install the apk file
- Once the apk is installed on the device, click the Open button to run the application
How to install WhatsApp in Firestick using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is additionally one of the best sources for installing applications on the Firestick platform. Install ES File Explorer for Firestick using the link given if you don’t have the app.
- Start the ES File Explorer application in your Firestick
- Click the Downloader icon on the app screen (available in the second row)
- Now click the + New button at the bottom of the screen
- In the path text bar, enter the download link here. In the Name text bar, type in WhatsApp and click the Download Now button
- Click the Open Document button followed by the Install on PC button
- Click the Install on PC button again to install the app
- When the app is then installed, click the Open button to start the application
How to make video calls with WhatsApp Firestick
If your Firestick-connected TV has a built-in front camera, you can make video calls with your friends. Follow the steps below to make video calls with WhatsApp on Firestick.
- Open the WhatsApp app on Firestick and complete all the configuration procedures
- Four other options will appear at the top of the screen. Camera, chat, status, and calls. Choose the Call option
- Now click on the Call icon at the bottom of the screen
- All your WhatsApp contacts will be displayed. Click the Video Call icon that corresponds to your friend
- When your friend answers your call, you can talk to your friend. If you want to add someone else, click the Contacts icon in the top right
- When you are finished speaking, click the End button to stop the video call.
Now make video and WhatsApp audio calls on your Firestick using WhatsApp without paying any money. Rest your eyes always looking at the small screen of your smartphone and use the WhatsApp app on your Firestick. If you have any other questions, share them with us in the comments section below.