An American professional MMA champion who is currently signed to the Ultimate Fighting Championship (the UFC) is named for Rose Namajunas. As of now, she competes in the women’s strawweight fighting division. Rose is the two-time and the current UFC Women’s Strawweight World Champion. She started practicing Taekwondo at the age of five, earning poom belt (the junior black belt) at age nine. Earlier, she was nicknamed ‘The Riverter’, whereas her current nickname is “Thug Rose” which was given by her colleagues.
Summary About Rose Namajunas
|Celebrated Name||Rose Namajunas|
|Nick Name||Thug Rose|
|Birth Name||Rose Gertrude Namajunas|
|Place Of Birth||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.|
|High School||Milwaukee High School|
|Awards||Eighth Annual Real Women Awards and more|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Net Worth||$1 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Fighting Career|
- Being an American expert Mixed Martial Artist.
- For her advanced professional striking and footwork, using a variety of angles and various creative adjustments.
What is the Real Name of MMA Rose Namajunas?
On 29th June in 1992, Rose Namajunas was born with her birth name of Rose Gertrude Namajunas in Milwaukee, Wisconsin town, U.S. She was named Rose (Lithuanian: Roze) in the honor of her great-grandmother called Roze Gotsalkaitė Namajuniene, whose husband was an autonomous Lithuania military officer. She holds American nationality by birth and her ethnic background is American-White. Her race is White. She is Christian by her religious beliefs as she stated that “I’ve got the Christ consciousness, I’ve got Lithuanian family and I’ve got the American dream.” Her zodiac birth sign is Cancer. Details about her parent’s names are missing at present. Only the truth is known that her father suffered from schizophrenia, which also led to complications and difficulties during Rose’s youth.
During her high school days, Rose started training in kickboxing and also mixed martial arts with Duke Roufus at Roufusport, and she was likewise a senior-year wrestler at the Milwaukee High School of the Arts.
How was the career of Rose Namajunas?
- Rose Namajunas began her MMA career as an amateur in the year of 2010 being trained under Greg Nelson at Minnesota Martial Arts Academy.
- Against Emily Kagan, she began her professional debut match on 5th January in 2013, where she won the match and earned her the Submission of the Night bonus.
- She next encountered Kathina Catrol on 5th April 2013 where she won the fight through submission which earned her second Invicta Submission of the Night award.
- After that, she fought Tecia Torres on 13 July 2013.
- It was also announced that Namajunas was signed by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (the UFC) on 11th December 2013. Signing the UFC, she won her very first march against Joane Calderwood and she next won against Randa Markos.
- In the fight on 12th December in 2014, she lost against Carla Esparza at The Ultimate Fighter: A Champion Will Be Crowned Finale for the annual inaugural UFC Women’s Strawweight Championship.
- Whereas she was awarded two seasons about $25,000 bonus awards for Performance of the mma Season and Fight of the Season for her bout with Joanne Calderwood.
- On 3rd October 2015, she competed against Angela Hill at UFC 192, and next challenged Paige VanZant on 10th December 2015.
- On 16th April 2016, she faced fighter Tecia Torres at UFC on Fox 19. where she won the fight.
- Against Karolina Kowalkiewicz at the UFC 201 where she lost the match.
- On 15th April 2017, she also faced Michelle Waterson at UFC on Fox 24 winning the fight.
- On 4th November 2017, she met Strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk at UFC 217 at Madison Square Garden where she won the fight. Rematching the fight, she again won.
- On 11th May 2019, competing against Jessica Andrade in the main event at UFC 237, she lost the fight. On 12th July 2020, she again faced mma Jessica winning the fight via split decision-earning her the Fight of the Night award.
- Regarding her MMA profession, she has fought altogether 14 matches out of which she won over 210 matches and lost 4 matches.
Awards and Achievements
- 2018 ESPY Award for the Best Fighter (nominee)
- Kids’ Choice Sports of 2018 Award for Biggest Powerhouse (nominee)
- The Eighth Annual Real Women Awards – 2017 Woman of the Year
Mixed martial arts
Ultimate Fighting Championship
UFC Women’s Strawweight Championship (for Two times, Current)
- One victorious title defense vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk
- Fight of the Night (for Three times) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz and Jéssica Andrade (x2)
- Most stoppage triumphs in UFC Women’s Strawweight division (5)
- First woman in the UFC history to regain a championship title after losing it
- The Ultimate Fighter: A Champion Will Be Crowned (the Runner-Up)
- Submission of the Night (for Two times) vs. Emily Kagan, Kathina Catron
Fighter of the Year
- 2017 MMA Fighter of the Year
- 2017 UFC Fighter of the Year
2017 MMA Female Fighter of the Year
- World MMA Awards
Submission of the Year
- 2013 MMA Submission of the Year vs. Kathina Catron
- 2013 Women’s MMA Submission of the Year vs. Kathina Catron
- 2015 Women’s MMA Submission of the Year vs. Paige VanZant
- 2017 Women’s MMA Submission of the Year vs. Michelle Waterson
Knockout of the Year
- 2017 Women’s MMA Knockout of the Year vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk
Fight of the Year
- 2013 Women’s MMA Fight of the Year vs. Tecia Torres
Fight of the Month
- 2019 May Fight of the Month vs. Jéssica Andrade
- 2020 July Fight of the Month vs. Jéssica Andrade
Year’s Most Violent
- 2017 Fight Booth Lady Violence Award
- Sherdog.com’s 2017 All-Violence Second Team: Strawweight
Who is Rose Namajunas Boyfriend?
Engaged by matrimonial status, Rose Namajunas is the fiancee training partner of the former Glory and UFC heavyweight, Pat Barry. As of today, the couple is experiencing their present life a lot without any disturbances. She does not have any baby as of today. Her sexual orientation is straight.
How tall is Rose Namajunas?
Beautiful lady, Rose reaches tall at the height of 165 cm or 5 ft 5 in. Being a professional MMA champion, she has maintained her body a lot by doing frequent exercises. Therefore, her body build is athletic. Her balanced weight consists of about 115 lb or 52 KG or 8 st 3 lb. Overall, she has got a healthy body with a beautiful smile attracting a lot of people towards her. She has been sporting her registered semi-bald look for the majority of her career in the UFC sports. She chop her hair off to ensure that it did not interfere with her business, i.e., fighting. took up the bald look back in the year 2015. She took to her Instagram to make it clear why she had taken the step of cutting her hair off. Showing off her then-new look, the fighter added a heading to the photo that read: “It’s a fight not a elegance pageant. S**t’s in my way at practice… Cut it off!”
Did You Know?
- Rose Namajunas’s real name is called Rose Gertrude Namajunas.
- She is Christian by religious beliefs as she stated that “I’ve got the Christ consciousness, I’ve got Lithuanian family and I’ve got the American dream.”
- Her father suffered from schizophrenia illness, which led to complications and hardships during Rose’s youth.
- Rose Namajunas began her MMA career as an amateur in the year 2010 being trained under Greg Nelson at Minnesota Martial Arts Academy.
- She is the fiancee coaching partner of former Glory and UFC heavyweight, Pat Barry.
- Her last fight earning was about $160,000 against Jessica Andrade at UFC 251.