Quick Facts About Diogo Jota
|Celebrated Name||Diogo Jota|
|Nick Name||Diogo Jota|
|Birth Name||Diogo José Teixeira da Silva|
|Place Of Birth||Porto, Portugal|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||€5.3 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Sports Industry|
|Jersey Number||20 (Liverpool)|
|Current Club Country||England|
Diogo José Teixeira da Silva commonly known as Diogo Jota by the football lovers is a Portuguese professional footballer who performs as a forward for Premier League giant side Liverpool.
He started performing with Paços de Ferreira during his junior pieces of training, signing with Atlético Madrid after only two seasons in the Primeira Liga and being consecutively loaned to giant side Porto and Wolverhampton Wanderers of Premier League. He moved to the Premier League club Wolverhampton Wanderers 2018 on a permanent deal. He performed for Portugal at under-19, under-21, and under-23 levels. To know much more about him, please read this helpful article until the end.
Diogo Jota at Liverpool goals and stats
Diogo Jota is an attacking midfielder for English Premier League giant club Liverpool. Diogo Jota signed a contract with Liverpool on 19 September 2020. Their squad’s favorite number is 20. Diogo Jota originates from Portugal, and his current age is 25 (Date of Birth: 04/12/1996). Diogo Jota’s height is not less than 178cm, and their weight is not less than 70kg.
In the current English Premier League season 2020/21, Diogo Jota has performed only nine matches (plus six as a substitute). Diogo Jota has 19 shots on target from a total of not less than 30 shots and has tallied eight goals which are (4.37 xG). Diogo Jota averages 23 passes rate per match with a pass completion rate of about 77% and has not assisted yet. Diogo Jota has been booked with two yellow cards and no red cards yet. The medium Infogol Player Rating for high-rated attacking midfielder Diogo Jota in the English Premier League 2020/21 season is about 7.24.
In the Champions League season 2020/2021, Diogo Jota performed six matches (plus a total of 3 as a sub). A highly-rated attacking midfielder had ten shots on target from a total of not less than 14 shots and tallied four goals (4.06 xG). Diogo Jota averaged 22 passes rate per match with a pass completion rate of not less than 76% and had one crucial assist. Diogo Jota did not receive yellow cards as well as red cards. The average Infogol Player Rating for the highly-rated attacking midfielder Diogo Jota in the Champions League 2020 season was not less than 7.07.
The last match for Diogo Jota was versus Leeds United in the English Premier League before he got injured in this match which the result was a 1-1 away draw (Diogo Jota got a 7.53 Infogol Rating).
What is Diogo Jota Famous For?
- A Portuguese professional attacking midfield footballer who sometimes plays as a forward for Premier League club Liverpool and the Portugal national team.
Where was Diogo Jota Born?
Going back to his early days, Diogo was reportedly born in Porto, Portugal, in the year 1996. Currently, he is 25 years old. He is of Portuguese nationality by birth and belongs to White origin. Similarly, he was born to his biological parents, Joaquim Silva and Isabel Silva. Furthermore, he has a brother called Andre Silva. Moreover, his educational qualifications are yet to be disclosed.
Diogo Jota’s Career Timeline
- Moving towards to his profession, Jota signed for F.C. Paços de Ferreira’s youth settings in the early year of2013, from Gondomar SC. At the beginning of the 2014-15 season, he was quickly promoted to the first-team squad and made his superior debut on 19 October 2014 by starting in a critical 4-0 home win versus Atlético S.C. for the Taça de Portugal.
- At an end-to-end 2-2 home draw versus Vitória de Guimarães, he first performed in the Primeira Liga on 20 February 2015, coming on as a late supper substitute for Diogo Rosado. He scored his initial goal in the match on 17 May, netting a two in a 3-2 home victory over Académica de Coimbra and becoming the youngest player to the net for the club in the top row in the process.
- He contracted a new five-year contract with Paços on 30 May 2015, holding him tied up till 2020. In the first match of the season campaign, a great 1-0 victory over Académica at the Estádio da Mata Real on 17 August, He was shown a red card at the end for pushing Hugo Seco; Ricardo Nascimento was as well sent off for countering on his teammate’s behalf.
- He was admitted on a five-year contract with Atlético Madrid side on 14 March 2016, valid as of 1 July. On 26 August, nevertheless, He turned to his country and sign for FC Porto on a one-year-long loan. On 1 October, he netted a first-half hat-trick in a 4-0 away winning against C.D. Nacional.
- He moved to English by then Championship club Wolverhampton Wanderers on 25 July 2017, on another season-long loan. He netted his first goal on 15 August in a critical 3-2 away win against Hull City.
- It was declared on 30 January 2018 that a permanent contract with him had been accepted, being made active on 1 July. He tallied a career-best 17 goals in his initial year, rating fifth in the single charts in a Premier League elevation as champions; due to English Football League laws, he wore his proper surname on his jersey in the Championship league but was able to switch it to “Diogo J” after the action.
- He made his presentation in the English top division, performing the full 90 minutes in a challenging 2-2 home draw against Everton. He scored his first goal in the tournament on 5 December, supporting the hosts who come from behind to defeat Chelsea 2-1. His second came only four days later, in a victory at Newcastle United by the same scoreline of 2-1.
- Currently, he is performing for the English Premier League giants FC Liverpool. In his current campaign, he has scored 8goals in the English Premier League and four goals in the Champions League season 2020/2021. His first Champions League goal was against FC Midtjylland on 28 October 2020.
- For international, He started performing for Portugal at under-19 level, tallying his first goal on 29 May 2015 in a 6-1 home humiliation of Turkey for the UEFA European Championship qualifying stage. He won his first professional cap for the under-21 team on 17 November of the equal year at not yet 19, performing 15 minutes in the 3-0 away loss of Israel in a different qualifier.
- He netted a two for the under-21s in their 3-2 friendly victory over Italy held in Estoril on 25 May 2018. He was then called up in March 2019 to the senior international side for the first time, ahead of the opening UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying events.
Who is Diogo Jota Dating?
Being a sports celebrity, Diogo might have several girls who adore him, but the helpful information regarding his current events and past relations is yet to be revealed. He is quite a tight-lipped persona and didn’t share anything about his relationship in the media yet. If you happen to know more about him, please share it with us by using our comment below without delay. So, we can assign others like you to this article.
What is Diogo Jota Net Worth?
Diogo Jota earns a satisfactory amount of money from his position as a footballer in the field of the sports industry. As per some online localities, his approximated net worth is said to be not less than €7.3 million, and his salary is somewhere about €475,000 at today. However, his other assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Diogo Jota?
Diogo Jota has a height of not shorter than 5 feet 10 inches and weighs about 73 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of brownish eyes and dark brownish hair color. Further, his other body data is yet to be explained. In the case of disclosure, we will let you know.
Did You Know?
- He is verified on Instagram and has not less than 160,000 total followers.
- His first Champions League goal was against FC Midtjylland on 28 October 2020.
- Diogo Jota signed a contract with Liverpool on 19 September 2020 at a fee of £41 million transfer fee, rising to £45 million with potential add ons.