K-pop has in the near years become a global sensation as the music industry is today receiving airplay in several parts of the world that would have in the past not given a thought to such kind of music. While there are more than a dozen people who can lay a claim to have assisted make the genre popular, no one can outrightly contradict the role Lalisa Manoban has been able to perform to this effect.
The Thai-born rapper, dancer, and singer is a member of the famous YG Entertainment all-girl group Blackpink who is ulundisputably the biggest female K-pop group in the entire world. This is thanks to the truth that they have achieved the highest positions on both the Billboard Hot 100 and also on the Billboard 200 chart among the other popular K-pop racts, and are also the most subscribed music group on YouTube amongst other notable criteria.
On a personal record, Manoban, who is additionally a model and fashion icon, has in 2019 become the top followed K-pop artist on her Instagram, a clear yes to her popularity, marketability, and declaration to be one of the industry’s bigwigs.
Lalisa Manoban’s Fact Sheet
Lalisa Manoban’s Early Life and Career Beginnings
Lalisa Manoban was born in Pranpriya Manoban on the 27th of March 1997 in the northeastern Thailand region of Buriram. While the identification of her biological father is not common knowledge, her mother is perceived to be of Thai origins, while her stepfather, named Marco Brueschweiler, is a native of Switzerland.
Manoban spent her developmental years in Bangkok and fell in love with the K-pop music genre at a tender age. She praised acts such as Big Bang and strived to become just like them. To achieve these lofty aspirations, she enrolled in various talent hunt competitions. She additionally joined a dance crew known as We Zaa Cool.
Lalisa Manoban Has Had huge Successes With Blackpink Music Group.
In mid-2010, the then 14-year-old Lalisa Manoban then successfully auditioned to enter the YG Entertainment. She spent a whole five years training under the South Korean production company before debuting as a member of the Blackpink in August of 2016.
Blackpink released its first album named Square One in August 2016. The collection spurned numerous hit songs, including the “Whistle” and “Boombayah,” which ended numbers 1 and 2 on the Hot Billboard World Digital Songs Chart, respectively. After this impressive debut, Manoban and her then bandmates did not relent as they released their sophomore album named Square Two in November of 2016.
Square Two identically produced several hit titles, including “Playing With Fire,” which likewise topped the Billboard World Digital Songs Charts. This back-to-back accomplishment unsurprisingly gained Blackpink universal rookie of the year recognition at all the major award shows in Asia.
Since their heavenly debut, Lalisa Manoban and her bandmates have gone on to release several other chart-topping projects. They have additionally set many enviable music records, including being the first K-pop girl group to perform at the amazing Coachella Music Festival and the first K-pop girl group to be on the cover of Billboard Magazine, among other huge achievements.
Other Interesting Facts about Lalisa Manoban
1. There are contradictory reports in regards to the true value of Lalisa Monoban’s net worth. While a few wealth rating websites estimate it to be around $10 million, others put the figure at $4 million.
2. The Asian rapper, who was born Pranpriya but later shifted her first name to Lalisa after reportedly negotiating with some fortune-tellers, is multilingual. She speaks as much as four linguistics, including Japanese, Thai, English, and Korean. The K-pop star also has a passable knowledge of the Chinese language.
Due to this fact, it is no surprise to find out that a large number of her favorite meals originated from these different countries. The Thai resident lists Sushi, French fries, and Gamjatang as her best dishes.
3. As mentioned here, Manoban is a professional fashion model who has worked for different reputable fashion brands. She further works as the muse of a French fashion designer named Hedi Slimane.
4. She is additionally a philanthropist who has several granted and helped raise funds to support victims of natural disasters in her home country.
5. Manoban is also the tallest member of her all-girl group, all thanks to her height of about 5 feet 5¾ inches (1.67 m). Her body weight is further listed at 46 kg (101 lbs).
6. Lalisa Manoban has worked as the ambassador of several world brands, including AIS Thailand (telecoms company), Samsung Galaxy S10, Moonshot (a makeup brand), and Ragnarok M: Eternal Love (an online mobile game), etc.
|Profession:||singer, Rapper and dancer|
|Famed For:||Girl group Blackpink|
|Colleges/Universities Attended:||Praphamontree School I and II|
|Educational Qualifications:||Bachelors degree|
|Birthday & Zodiac sign|
|Age/Date of Birth:||24 years old (born 27 March 1997)|
|Birth Place:||Buri Ram, Thailand|
|Country of Residence:||South Korea|
|Height:||5 feet, 5¾ inches (1.67 m)|
|Weight:||50 kg (110 pounds)|
|Other Body Measurements:||N/A|
|Marital Status:||Currently single|
|Family and Relatives|
|Other Relatives:||Marco Bruschweiler (Stepfather)|
|Estimated Net Worth:||$10 million|
|Source of Wealth:||Showbiz|